Anyone new to sewing needs to use this acquired skill more often. I believe the more you sew the more you master the skill. It might be frustrating at times especially when you make mistakes, or when the result isn’t perfect. But take it from me, it happens to everyone, so don’t get disheartened. And if you are going to ask an expert, the person would tell you to start sewing easy projects. This is the only way to spruce up your skills.
Now, if you’re looking for easy sewing projects that you’d like to start with? Well, look no further because we’ve got these sewing tutorials that are so easy to learn and so easy to make. Check it out now and explore these fascinating sewing craft ideas.
25 Easy Sewing Projects Every Beginner Will Find Inspiring
Be Inspired to Sew With These Neat Sewing Project Ideas
We want to learn to sew for so many reasons. We do it to enhance our creativity, to save money, or to acquire a new skill. If you’re a beginner, take courage to learn and to create something new. Remember, all pros started as a newbie like you. So you can definitely do it as well. In fact, I remember my first sewing project, it was horrible. You know how much I love throw pillows, right? So, my first project was a throw pillow cover. Guess what? It didn’t fit my pillow. Yes, it’s frustrating. But, I didn’t quit. I just kept trying, until I finally did it.
So, worry not on making your sewing project perfect. You’ll soon get there. Especially after we will show you how to make sewing a lot easier for you.
So we’ve roundup 25 Sewing Projects made easy for beginners like you. This list will help you get great ideas for your sewing projects. Take a tour now to help you get started.
Watch this video tutorial by CraftingLuxury on How To Sew A Pincushion In Under 5 Minutes.
2. Pencil Case
This one is perfect for your kiddos. Start working on this pencil case using this tutorial from CrazyLittleProjects. Kids will learn to organize their pens and pencils.
- SINGER COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Stylist 7258 sewing machine boasts an array of features that make creating elegant garments and gifts for yourself and others fun and exciting. The Sewing machine with 100 built-in stitches includes 9 Basic, 8 Stretch, 76 Decorative Stitches and 7 Fully Automatic Buttonholes. A large variety of stitches for all types of sewing, such as fashion sewing, quilting, heirloom, crafts, home and decorative sewing
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle's eye, in seconds. The built-in needle threader threads the needle's eye for you, eliminating eye strain and frustration.
- HIGH SEWING SPEED: The SINGER Stylist 7258 sewing machine with a maximum sewing speed of 750 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly. Use the speed control lever to set the maximum sewing speed where you want it.
- PUSH BUTTON STITCH SELECTION: The SINGER Stylist 7258 Sewing machine allows you to select the desired stitch with just a simple push of a button. Optimum settings for length, width and tension are set automatically, and are customizable with adjustable stitch length and stitch width.
- WARRANTY: SINGER Stylist 7258 Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty.
One of the easiest sewings projects that you can make in less than 20 minutes! These lovely drawstring bags are perfect giveaways for your parties and special events. Learn to make it from SewMamaSew.
— SewingDotCom (@Sewingdotcom) September 16, 2016
A simple sewing activity such as the DIY Easy Scented Heart Sachet is a perfect project you can make together with your kids over the weekends. They are cute and useful for keeping your linens fresh.
- Metal stitching needles with large eye
- This convenient assortment makes it easy to keep a variety of needles on hand
- 30 Assorted hand needles per pack; 3 Packs per set
- Use these hand needles for carpets, canvas, upholstery, coats, tents, mattresses, furs and leather
Here’s a video on How To Make An Easy Scented Heart Sachet by Kidspot.
You’ll want to use your sewing machine for this one. This sewing project is super simple and easy, and is designed to put your basic sewing machine skills into practice. Check out its sewing tutorial for more.
Sew a dozen of these simple fabric heart coasters, place them in a box, wrap it with a ribbon and you’ll have the perfect gift for your mom, sister or friend on Valentine’s Day. Here’s the tutorial for you.
Place your needles in a safe organizer and bring this whenever you travel. You’ll have fun doing this DIY sewing project.
8. Pajama Pants
Choose warm quality fabrics for the winter, and cool light fabrics if you want to wear them in summer. Here’s how to make this handy sewing project.
Organize your kid’s crayons by sewing this felt crayon holder. But, wait! This ain’t just a crayon holder, but a notepad holder as well. We have the sewing tutorial for you.
10. Simple Leggings
This simple leggings sewing tutorial is super easy to do. Looks so adorable on this cute baby 🙂
Here’s a How To Make Leggings video tutorial by GiannyL. Check it out!
12. Roll-Up Pouch
If you like things to be organized, why not give this a try? You can take this with you whenever you’re traveling. Here’s how to make it.
Your guests and relatives will admire your fashionable potholders. You can sew a lot of this because it’s super easy. Check out the tutorial.
15. Fabric Keychain
Give this sewing project a try. These handy, little keychains are fun and easy to do, perfect to give as a gift or party giveaways.
All you need here is a good leather, a pair of scissors, and a sewing machine. An easy sewing project for a newbie like you 🙂
Here’s a DIY video tutorial on How To Make Simple And Convenient Leather Clutch by Guidecentral:
17. Handmade Kimono
You’ll definitely want to sew this up and add this to your wardrobe. An easy-to-do handmade kimono for your next easy sewing project.
18. Lace Skirt
If you want to add a little spice to your outfit, go ahead and sew up this frilly lace skirt. Your girlfriends will admire you for sewing it yourself.
This may look a bit strange to sew, but no! If you read on with the tutorial on how to make it, you’ll definitely love it once you get the hang of sewing it. You also get to apply some basic quilting skills.
20. Metallic Clutch
This must be the handiest mini metallic clutch that you can rock all night long on the dance floor. Perfect for your cards, mobile phone, and your lipstick.
21. Easter Egg Pouch
This sewing tutorial is so easy and quick and can be done in just 30 minutes. This cute little pouch makes a great coin purse to put your change in, or even your lipstick.
This is the easiest so far. 🙂 Just keep on sewing until 4-sides are done.
23. Lavender Bag
You only need tiny bits of fabrics and lavender for this lovely sewing project. Who would not want this?
24. Sleep Mask
If you need to sleep on the day, and when you’re in an airplane, you’ll surely need to wear this. Learn how to do it here.
25. Necktie Envelope
A good necktie is a great piece of gift for him. Start working on this handy, yet convenient sewing project and your hubby will surely be amazed. My husband loves the necktie envelopes I made for him. It keeps his stuff organized when he’s on a business trip
Watch this video and learn a sewing project you can give as a gift for baby shower:
These things may be very overwhelming for you as a beginner sewer. But just be confident and practice a lot and you’ll be a professional sewer. So get started & have fun doing it.
Looking for more Easy Sewing Projects? Click here.