Are you looking for a detailed tutorial on how to crochet earrings? Well, we've got one for you! Keep reading for step-by-step instructions with images for crochet success the easy way!
How to Make Crochet Earrings
Earrings are a huge part of any woman's jewelry collection. Something that they simply cannot go without. Can you imagine a woman getting dressed up without a pair of earrings? These are also a great idea as a gift if you're unsure of what type of present for a certain occasion.
Check out this tutorial for crocheting earrings now!
To Make Your Earrings, You'll Need:
- A Tiny Crochet Hook (2.35 millimeter)
- A Cotton Thread
- A Pair of Scissors
- A Needle (with a large eye on it for embroidery, etc.)
- A Couple of Earring Hooks
Step 1. Slipknot
Start by making a slip knot.
Step 2. Create a ring
Create a 5 chain then slip stitch to your first chain to create a ring.
Step 3. Chain 1 – Double Crochet
Make 10 double crochet in your ring and stitch the last double crochet to your first stitch to finish the whole round.
Steps for making a double crochet:
- Create 2 chains in one stitch.
- This will serve as the double crochet.
Step 4. Chain 2 – Half Double Crochet
Place 2 half double crochets into each stitch all the way round.
Steps on making a half double crochet:
- Insert hook into the stitch, grab the yarn and pull it up into the loop.
- There will be 3 loops after making the first stitch, yarn over and pull through off into the 3 loops.
- Do this until you met the last stitch on your Chain 2. This will total to 20 half double crochet once you've finished.
Step 5. Chain 3 – Scalloped Edge
Steps for making a scalloped edge crochet:
- Start with 2 double crochet.
- Follow it with a single crochet into the next stitch.
- Place 3 double crochet into the 3rd stitch
- Then another single crochet into the 4th stitch
- Do this until you meet the first stitch from the 3 double crochet.
Note: There will be a little hole in between the last crochet and the first stitch from the first double crochet. Slip your hook into the hole before you slip it into the first stitch. Then leave a tail for your earring hook later.
Step 6. Earring Hook
Steps on adding the earring hook:
- Pull your tail through that last loop and insert an embroidery needle.
- Grab 1 of the earring hook.
- Thread the needle through the earring hook and then back to your finished work. (Don't forget to leave a little hole right between the earring and your hook. This will give the earring a little bit of flexibility.)
- Lock the thread with a knot, cut, and you are done!
Check out the full video tutorial on How To Crochet Earrings here:
Have you crocheted other accessories before? Were they successful? Share your thoughts, experience, and suggestions by leaving a comment in the box below. Enjoy crocheting!