Sewing leather can be difficult at first try. But do you think you can manage to learn on your own without seeking for any help? Start learning as we teach you these 3 easy steps on how to make sewing leather your expertise.
RELATED: Sewing Tutorial | Learn to Sew A Stylish Leather Bomber Jacket
Sewing Leather Made Easy and Fun
Sewing Leather In 3 Easy Steps | Start Today!
Leather and faux leather are becoming more and more popular these days! So if you want to delve deeper in sewing, why don't you try your hand at sewing leather?
Leather is one of the most durable fashion pieces available. While leather items are also challenging to create because they're thick and resistant. If you have the right tools, you’ll find that custom leather products are amazing and easy to create!
- 25 PCS HAND STITCHING SET: This leather tools set includes 2pcs Pressure cloth tooth(4mm,2mm), 4 types of Awl, 3 colors threads, Wood leathercraft slicker, Adjustable groover, needle kit, Thimble, Beeswax, scissors and fingerstall, can meet your basic needs for leather crafts.
- DIY TOOLS:A kind of very easy to use DIY hand tool.Great for custom leather work such as sewing leather, canvas, cloth, paper or other projects.
- LEATHER FINGERSTALL: Made of soft leather, they cover only the lower part of the finger, causing less discomfort for the whole hand but still help to protect fingers while providing support when handling work pieces.
- DURABLE EASY TO USE: This leather stitching tools set comes with 2 types of Pressure cloth tooth, 4pcs of different stitching awl and leather groover make them much easier to punch and sew leather. And made of steel and wood, not easy to break, long lasting to use.
- PERFECT GIFT: Suitable for beginner. We are the manufacturer of basic leather craft tool, for more leather hand tool please visit our "Simmper" shop.
Plus…we've got tips for you! So let's get movin' and start learning!
- ice pick
- heavy needle
- heavy duty thread
- cutting material
- Cut your leather to your desired size and shape. If you want to make a nice stitch equal in length, take your ruler and pen and mark the leather you're going to work on. Measure a half inch or quarter of an inch.
- Thread your needle, tie a knot at the end, then sew the needle through the dots you have made. Got a heavier leather fabric? Your needle isn't going through easily? Then make holes with an ice pick by placing a piece of wood under the fabric so you won't damage your table. Put the ice pick on the marks you've made and get your holes done. So now you'll find it easier to sew your leather.
- You can do different types of hand stitches like a running stitch. So make sure you take advantage of this!
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The 23 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches allow you to sew a variety of projects, such as fashions, home décor, quilts, crafts, and more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration. Amps (0.7). Watts (84). Volts (120). Hz (60)
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE:The Singer 4423 Sewing Machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1, 100 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly. The 60% Stronger Motor provides greater piercing power for thick seams
- HEAVY DUTY METAL FRAME: The Singer 4423 heavy duty sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy-duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedframe, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, this sewing machine can sew through a variety of heavy weight fabrics and provides long lasting stability
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with All-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper/lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging
- If you're having a hard time getting your needle through when sewing fabric, then use a trusty thimble.
- You can also use a pair of heavy duty gloves so you can easily to push the needle through.
- leather hide
- craft, upholstery, handbag, garment, bookbinding. Pillow case, chairs, sofa
- Argentine Cowhide leather
- size depends on the variation chosen
- 1.0-1.2 mm or 2.5-3.0 oz
Want to find out how to hand stitch leather using a saddle stitch? Then watch this video by Chartermade:
There you have it! With this guide, hand sewing leather can be mastered in no time! So if you want to sew simple garments made of leather, you may want to take note and remember these basic steps and tips! Enjoy!
- HIGH-QUALITY STEEL MANUFACTURING：Made of white steel, is durable and useful leather craft tool.100% white steel material, non-inferior stainless steel, please pay attention to identification.
- PRODUCT PRETREATMENT:Each product surfaces are coated with a rust preventive oil before shipping, Please wipe clean before use.Polished and smooth handle is comfortable to hold,sharp rhombus tooth is helpful to punch quickly and effortlessly.
- PRODUCT SIZE:Approx 2mm, Prong pitch:Approx 4mm.Length: 100mm,Weight: 100g
- PACKAGE INCLUDED:1 Prong/ 2 Prong/ 4 Prong/ 6 Prong+Plastic box +Velvet bag+Instruction manual.Whether you are a beginner or expert in leather DIY production, this will be your perfect tool.
- EXCELLENT AFTER-SALES SERVICE:If you are not satisfied with our products or there are defects in the products, please contact us in time, we will refund or exchange the goods for you unconditionally.
Are you willing to try sewing leather this winter? Let us know by leaving your comments below!
- What Is The Best Leather Sewing Machine For You
- 19 Fashionable Winter Clothing You Need To Sew For Your Family
- Captivating Cashmere: What You Need To Know | Sewing Secrets
We aim to feature the hottest trends in the sewing world, so get in touch if you can contribute! WRITE FOR US!
Stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest!
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published 0n November 14, 2019, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
Your link for heavy duty thread went to Ebay….not exactly helpful! I would like to know what type of thread you suggest and where it might actually be purchased!