Needleworks with these sewn kitchen accessories are on my to-do list these autumn and winter seasons. If they’re yours too, you’ll find these DIY ideas and tutorials for sewn kitchen accessories just what you need for a productive downtime!
Sewn Kitchen Accessories To Make This Season
You can probably say I’m the ultimate all-around homemaker. I maintain a garden, I DIY stuff around the house and make some mean pumpkin pies. This fall and winter seasons, with fewer activities in the garden, I’m excited and up for some sewing projects. My kitchen will be seeing a lot of action and I need these stitched and sewn kitchen accessories to help me through. And with the gift-giving holiday just around the corner, these sewn kitchen accessories aren’t bad gift ideas either. In fact, they can be the perfect gift for your mother, sister, aunt, and friends who love puttering around the kitchen like you.
All the baking and cooking in your oven will go through this holiday season, you’ll appreciate this handy hand towel hanging in your oven. Give this to a friend or family who loves cooking and your thoughtfulness will surely be appreciated.
Coasters may be undervalued, but I’m positive your friends and family will appreciate your labor of love with this gift. This should be one great idea for taking care of fabric scraps.
3. How To Design Your Own Personalized Crochet Cup Coozy
Isn’t this idea as smart as it is cute? You’ll love drinking your hot cup of coffee or tea even more with this easy-to-make coozy. Your office buddies will surely adore this coozy for a gift. You can also make some crocheted versions of a coozy for your girlfriends.
It’s not too late for you to be making this lunch bag for your kids. This should be great for adults too, and they also make great gifts. If you’re into a sustainable lifestyle, you’ll love this idea!
5. How To Make A Placemat Cutlery Holder
Make this smart cutlery holder and placemat in one as a way for you to avoid using disposables. With a neat organizer, bringing silverware instead of disposables will be more convenient and environment-friendly.
6. Christmas Cutlery Pockets
Besides napkins, why not try these cutlery pockets for a change at your Christmas dinner? It’s so easy yet ingenious, it’s a wonder I have never thought of this before.
- 1.PACKAGE INCLUDE: 4pcs Snowman Shaped tableware bags;4pcs Elk Shaped flatware holder;4pcs Santa Claus Shaped silverware holder,without any silverware.
- 2. QUALITY MATERIAL:cutlery bag christmas Made by Non-woven fabric, no pollution, durable,best choice for Christmas tableware.
- 3.CHRISTMAS ELEMENTS :christmas silverware decoration,Santa Claus,Snowman and Elk Shaped are the most popular Christmas cartoon to many children.Once you put the fork,knifes and spoon inside the Christmas cutlery pocket, your children will be surprised and very happy to have dinner.It makes a cute and unique table decoration during Christmas and new year holiday.
- 4.MORE OCCASION:Great gift for christmas decorations, perfect decoration for Christmas dinner,suitable table decoration for household,restaurant,hotel and so on.
- 5.GUARANTEE :We will try our best to service each customers from Amazon,to make them 100% satisfaction.we believe in our products with good quality.We can give you 100% money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied.
7. Handmade KitchenAid Stand Mixer Cover
Give your baking tools some love and make this KitchenAid mixer cover. A purchased mixer cover can cost big bucks, so get all your money’s worth and make one of your own you can be proud of.
— SewingDotCom (@Sewingdotcom) August 10, 2017
8. DIY Oven Mitt And Hot Pad
Hot pads and oven mittens are simple kitchen aids, but their usefulness is undeniable. They’re such a part of your kitchen, you should customize your own.
9. Grocery Bag Holder
Plastic bags cannot be entirely avoided, but while you’re on your way to being plastic bag-free, always try reusing it in any way. Make yourself this neat grocery bag dispenser to organize.
10. Double Pot Holder With Pockets
Always have some handy hot pads or mittens by the oven. This double pot holder is brilliantly designed with pockets to neatly insert and secure your hands, plus its bracketed design allows you to hang it over the oven handle.
11. Fabric Napkin Bread Warmer
Keep your freshly baked buns and breads fresher and warmer for longer with this neat fabric napkin bread warmer. It’s quick and easy to make so you won’t have to use disposables again, which means less waste.
12. Drawstring Produce Bags
Trade plastics and all sorts of disposable bags with this easy-to-sew drawstring produce bag. You won’t have a problem with plastic or paper bags tearing apart while carrying your groceries indoors.
13. Tortilla Warmer
For all you Tex-Mex food lovers out there, you’ll fall for these tortilla warmers you can sew. I couldn’t help it myself when it’s as charming as it is practical.
- This Quality Tortilla Warmer from Cameron's Products Will Make Taco Tuesday Quick and Easy!
- Spacious Design Allows for the Warming of up to 12 Tortillas at a Time.
- Microwave Warming Pouch Allows for Slow Release of Moisture for Optimal Results
- High Temp Polyester Insulated Interior Liner Keeps Tortillas Heated for up to an Hour; For Microwave Use Only, Not Conventional Ovens.
- To Hand-Wash: Simply Invert, Wash, and Let Air Dry.
14. Microwave Bowl Potholder
Some may think of this as a simple idea but for homemakers and cooks, this bowl pot holder is one brilliant idea. How often do we struggle with soup when a pair of mittens just doesn’t do the job well enough?
15. DIY Insulated Fabric Beverage Holder
A simple piece of cloth or paper towels will do for holding cold bottles, but fabric beverage holders? They’re perfect for the job, so I’m definitely doing this one!
16. Large Hot Pad
Your table runners are for the dining table, but to protect the surface of your countertops, this large hot pad is ideal for casseroles. Some basic quilting skills are all you need for this project.
17. Fabric Bin Utensils Holder
You won’t have to place layers of paper towels over a plastic utensil bin when you have a fabric bin or caddy. It’s an absorbent in itself so you won’t waste any paper towels, plus it’s old-fashionably charming.
18. Easy-To-Sew Dinner Napkins
I don’t know if it’s just me, but when I go look for elegant dinner napkins, they usually cost more. Now, I’m picking fabrics I like, some darling ribbons, and make dinner napkins my own to charge myself less.
19. Folded Pot Holder
Here’s a potholder with a twist you’ll adore. I’m sure your friends and family will love as gifts, too. It got pockets where you can insert recipes, spoons, and spatulas as extras.
20. Reversible Placemats
These fabric placemats should be perfect for people who detest plastic placemats (like me). It’s easy to sew, so you can make sets of these to give as gifts.
21. Fabric Gift Pouch
These fabric bags make great gift bags and I’m eyeing some cookies and pastries to put in them. They also make great storage for beans and other dry goods.
22. Self-Binding Napkin
Green living isn’t just a passing trend but a lifestyle to stay. Start with using fabric napkins you can reuse. Make these self-binding napkins which are double-sided, so they stay longer with frequent washing.
- COTTON DINNER NAPKINS Features a stylish pattern; Matches other linens in the ShalinIndia collection
- TABLE LINENS NAPKINS Set of 12 luxurious napkins is great for using for dinner parties & holiday dinners
- CLOTH TABLE NAPKINS are ideally sized for dinner at 20 inches by 20 inches
- COTTON TABLE NAPKINS Fashioned out of premium cotton duck, which is durable & quick drying and won't slip off your lap
- TABLE NAPKINS Use cold water and avoid soaking; Line dry only in the shade to preserve the pattern
23. Reusable Flip-Top Snack Bags
Trade Ziplocs for these reusable and environment-friendly bags for your snack bags. It got flip tops to secure your goodies inside.
24. DIY Mixing Bowl Cover
We use aluminum foil and paper towels to cover a mixing bowl when proofing the dough. Why not use a fabric cover with an elastic band you can easily sew? It stays secure over the bowl, and you won’t have to discard it as waste after use.
25. Baked Potato Bags
Put 2 to 3 potatoes in this bag, pop it in the microwave to cook, take it out, bag and all, and you’re ready to go. Like what you’re reading? Make this potato bag you can sew now.
26. Fast And Easy DIY Coaster
I can’t believe this coaster is easy to sew for all its sophisticated and complex-looking design. Trust me, check it out and you’ll be as surprised as I am.
27. Convenient Casserole Carrier
Showcase both your cooking and sewing skills when you get invited to a potluck with this convenient casserole carrier. I’m sure your mom, daughter, or sister will also love this as a gift.
- Set includes: (1) each 3-Quart Oblong Baking Dish with Red Plastic Lid, Black Carrier, and Hot/Cold Pack Insert
- Made of nonporous glass that won't warp, stain, or absorb odors
- Glass is preheated oven, microwave, fridge, freezer & dishwasher safe
- Lid is BPA free and top-rack dishwasher safe
- Glass bakeware has large ergonomic handles for improved handling
28. Pot Holder Pocket
Some may think of having this pot holder over accessorizing, but I’m loving it! I love dressing my dolls up as a kid, and now I get to do it with my pots and pans for practical purposes.
29. DIY Cloth Napkins
Paper towels and napkins just won’t do at my dining table, so I always keep a stack of fabric napkins. They make my table setting extra elegant and special.
30. Fabric Soup Bowl
Keep your bowl of soup warm and keep your hands protected from the heat with these fabric bowls you can sew. Sew a bunch of these and give them as presents this holiday.
31. DIY Dishcloth
Use terry cloth for this dishcloth project as it is comfier and super absorbent. Now add strips of cloth from fabric cuttings you’ve saved, which is for hanging the dishcloth with. You can even make more of these as gifts.
Trade your plastic baskets and go practical and old-fashioned with fabric baskets you can use for organizing just about anything in the kitchen or anywhere around the house. Trust me, organizing has never been this fun with fabric baskets.
Paper towels may be ‘in’ this generation, but I won’t trade them for my lovely and comfy dish towels. Good thing I can have different dish towel designs with these ideas.
If you think table runners are just for show, think how your table surface is kept protected from moisture and heat with a barrier. Well, they do also make the table look good and you’ll find some of the loveliest table runners here.
For a simple sewn kitchen accessory as potholders, the designs are endless. Take your pick of some of the niftiest and prettiest pot holders here.
Take your pick of a fashionable and serviceable apron from any of these 123 DIY aprons to choose from. With this extensive list, you’ll surely find the perfect one for you.
You’ll love this smart idea for a hand-sewn table runner or mat in this video from Azalia Designs:
Sewn kitchen accessories have such an old world charm to it, I can’t help falling for them. On a more serious note, sewn kitchen accessories are what we all need for less waste and a reduced carbon footprint from each household who prefers non-disposable kitchen implements. For your kitchen and gift ideas these holidays, consider sewn kitchen accessories!
Do you know of other sewn kitchen accessories to make this season? Let us know in the comments section below!