Take your sewing room organization to the next level! Find out how to organize fabrics to keep your sewing efficient. Take notes as we show you 11 brilliant ways to keep your fabrics organized!
How to Organize Fabrics to Keep Your Sewing Room in Order
1. Rolled onto Cardboards
Most of our spare fabrics are usually thin enough to be rolled onto cardboard. Arrange these cardboards on your shelves for better organization. Easy peasy but helpful!
Investing in shelves is always a good idea. Especially if you're looking for the fastest way on how to organize fabrics. You can arrange them by fabric type or by color.
3. Upcycled Racks
Trying to crack organization hacks is a great way to push your creative limits! Upcycling racks are great for sewers who want to do more DIY projects. This may be the top of mind on how to organize fabrics.
- DRAWERS DRESSER STORAGE WITH DURABLE AND STURDY STRUCTURE:Made of Diameter 14mm metal tubes,durable metal wire net and 80g non-woven fabric drawers with handles.This drawer storage shelf is more durable while using.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL DRAWER DRESSER WITH LARGE STORAGE CAPACITY:Totally,twelve drawers creat a variety of storage arrangements to meet diversifying storage demands.This storage shelf unit can well provide extra storage space around the house,such as storing school supplies, toiletries, clothes, pajammas,dolls and more.Also decorative enough to be used as tool chest.
- MULTIN STORAGE DRAWER DRESSER:The twelve drawers are made of non-woven fabric,which is flexible,moistureproof,lightweight,breathable and durable.Drawer dimensions: 9.06"Wx10.63"Dx7.08"H (23Wx27Dx18H cm). Perfect solution for storage space requiring many different kinds of categories in dorm rooms,craft or laundry rooms or bedrooms.
- SPACE SAVING STORAGE DRAWER DRESSER ORGANIZER:Great dimension of 20.67"W x 12"D x49.21"H(52.5Wx30.5Dx125H cm )makes it stable and space saving.It is a perfect storage solution for your entryway,dormitory,bedroom, living room, storage room, basement,garage, etc.
- PORTABLE,CONVENIENT TO USE AND EASY ASSEMBLY:Item weight:Approx.15.29lbs/6.95kgs.This storage shelf with 12 drawers requires no tools to assemble,so you can do it yourself within minutes by just Following the instructions.If you HAD ANY QUESTIONS about the item or assembly parts quantity,please email us via AMAZON BUYER MESSAGE or email our CUSTOMER-SERVICE TEAM.We can guarantee that all the issues can be solved WITHIN 24 HOURS.We will provide you with satisfactory service.
4. Filing Folder
You might think filing cabinets are only for folders and documents. But guess what? You can also store fabrics in them!
It’s actually pretty nifty to store them this way. Not only can you see your archive of fabric, it also saves a lot of space!
5. Use Wire Baskets
Wire baskets can give you a peek of which fabrics are stored within them. As a bonus, you can also stack them up! This idea on how to organize fabric is pure genius!
- AN ATTRACTIVE SOLUTION TO YOUR STORAGE NEEDS: This set of 10 colors are 2 of each green blue purple yellow red collapsible storage cubes offers an appealing and lightweight solution if you want to eliminate mess, and is suitable for any room. Now, you can sort out everything from clothes to toys inside these durable storage bins. Because they’re made of non-woven fabric, they’re easy to clean with a cloth.
- FUNCTIONAL & STURDY: Our foldable storage containers are exceptionally intended to fit impeccably with shelves on account of their handles! Strong, beautiful and simple to utilize, these collapsible storage baskets are an astounding decision! Besides, you will be able to keep your small and out of season items out of sight, hiding them behind the vivid colors.
- TRANSFORM & ORGANIZE ANY ROOM! You can use this set of storage boxes everywhere in your house, from your garage to your kid’s playroom or your living room. These valuable storage containers come with durable handles, which makes them easy to grab or carry from place to place. Plus, their beautiful design will keep dust away from your precious things inside the boxes.
- PREMIUM MATERIALS: Hand-made of non-woven, breathable fabric and Cardboard (PP), these storage bins are extremely lightweight. They offer sufficient space to organize your clutter and they’re a viable and appealing addition to any dorm, office or house. They’re environmentally-friendly and they’ll keep insects and mold away. Each container measures around 11"(H) x 10.5"(W) x 10.5"(L).
- CREATE MORE SPACE: If space planning is not your strong point, these fabric storage bins will meet your different stockpiling needs through giving you additional storage room and well sort out the mess. They’re fashionable, with delightful looks and can be used to decorate any room. Regardless of whether you need to store clothes, toys or useful tools, these storage containers can enable you to keep things perfectly colors of Purple, Yellow, Blue, Red, Green organized
6. Use Hangers
If you’ve got spare closets at home, this is perfect for you! You can even arrange them by color for better organization. Oh, and they look easier on the eyes too.
7. Hang Through Curtain Rods
Another brilliant idea on how to organize fabrics is to hang them from curtain rods. Use clothespins for your folded fabrics. This way, you can easily see what fabrics you have on hand.
8. Rolled in Baskets or Boxes
For your smaller scraps of fabric, you can roll them and store them upright in cute boxes. You can seal them by tying ribbons around them. Putting labels can be pretty nifty, too!
- 【DIMENSION】 Comes with 6 Storage bins, each Fabric Bin with Dimension 12"x12"x12', maximum storage weight of of 5kg (11lb).
- 【FOLDABLE DESIGN CLOSET BIN】The collapsible design of this Magicfly cloth storage bins will always keep place in neat when they are not in use. Also Cardboard including in each storage cubes, make sure that your sotrage bins in good shape.
- 【KEEP THINGS IN ORGANIZE】 A label holder and the side handle on the front side make it easy to find out what you need.
- 【LIGHTWEIGHT】 The Magicfly Closet Storage Cubes Made with Non-woven fabric, lightweight but sturdy for using, perfect for bedroom, closet, office, nursey,etc.
- 【GOOD GIFT】 It meets different storage needs, best gift for family and friends
9. Fancy Glass Jars
Get some medieval apothecary vibes with this glass jar! Keeping your fabrics inside this keeps your sewing room organized. Plus, you’d also be taking your aesthetic to the next level.
This lovely how to organize fabrics idea is magazine-worthy!
10. Store them in Dressers
Fabrics can attract lots of minute particles like dust, bugs, and even small rodents. Keep your precious fabric-safe by storing them in dresser drawers! For aesthetic purposes, store yours in a beautiful dresser that looks very boho-chic.
- Art Storage Box: this portable box has 2 to 8 removable, extra-deep compartments for bulk storage and east organization of art and craft supplies such as threads, ribbons, paint tubes, card making supplies, punches, templates, and more
- Material: this craft supplies box is made from polypropylene durable enough to resist wear & tear. The dividers offer maximum room to customize the space, making the storage more versatile
- Design: this art supplies container features one open core compartment that can be segmented with the help of the dividers. The core compartment offers multiple storage options for keeping dies, vinyl rolls, photographs, craft sheets and fat quarters
- Smart Closure: this craft supplies storage box comes with reliable latches to keep the contents secured inside. Plastic handle makes it easy to carry the satchel. You can easily stack these storage containers at home, office, or at a hobby class
- Product Details: the satchel box measures 15.25 x 14 x 6.25 in. This clear box with gold accents is compatible with 6901AB, 6828AG, 6939AB and 6826AG ArtBin Super Satchel accessories
11. Keep Fabrics in Plastic Tubs
Fold your fabrics neatly and store them in stackable plastic tubs. You may also keep the cotton fabrics in one tub, the linens in another, and so on.
This genius how to organize fabrics tip is definitely one for the books!
Watch this video from SewCanShe for more tips on how to organize fabrics:
Never miss out on your beautiful fabrics again! With these 11 tips on how to organize fabrics, you will always be ready for your next big sewing project!
Do you have other ideas on how to organize fabrics? Let us know in the comments section below!
- 16 Sewing Room Organization Ideas
- 15 Sewing Room Organization Hacks For Hassle-Free Sewing
- DIY Off the Shoulder Top | How To Refashion An Old Shirt
We aim to feature the hottest trends in the sewing world, so get in touch if you can contribute! WRITE FOR US!
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published 0n September 26, 2018, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.