Looking for a DIY luggage tag that is easy to spot? Keeping track of your bags during your travel is essential! If you want to learn how to make your own, keep reading for the easy how-to. You’ll love the timeless touch of this DIY luggage tag tutorial.
Sewing Tutorial | Easy DIY Luggage Tag for the Happy Wanderer
Jazz Up your Bag with this Classic DIY Leather Luggage Tag
Leathers are known to be the oldest materials used for making clothes. And not only that! This fantastic material is known for its quality and durability compared to most fabrics. We’re excited to share you this easy leather project every traveler will love. There’s a lot of tutorials from different sewing sites and this is by far the easiest and cutest we’ve seen! We love its simplicity, too. Without further ado, here’s a DIY luggage tag tutorial you can make in no time.
- round object
- embroidery floss
- ribbon or a leather strip
- hand sewing needle
- a pair of scissors
Step 1. Trace
Using your marker and round object, trace two round shapes of the same size on your leather.
Step 2. Cut
Cut the round shapes out of your leather using your fabric scissors.
- 2.75 x 4 in. Luggage Tags - 2 Tags in 1 Set – Design Made of Rubberized Molded Pieces (Not Printed)
- Made of Sturdy High Quality PVC Plastic Includes Genuine Leather Straps
- Reversible Identification Card Helps To Hide Your Personal Information
- Perfect for Men, Women, Kids, Airline Travel, and Cruise Ship Travel
- Fun Unique Design With a Variety of Choices To Fit your Custom Personality
Step 3. Trim
Trim off the sides of both round leathers to get an even, smooth edges.
Step 4. Create The Window
Mark your front leather with your desired measurement for the window of your leather luggage tag. Then cut it following the mark you’ve made. You may use a cutter or knife for this step.
Step 5. Put Both Leather Circles Together
Place your front leather (with slit) on top of your back leather. Make sure both wrong sides are facing each other.
Step 6. Stitch It
Start your hand stitch at the back. make sure you do this at the wrong side. You can make a whip stitch, a blanket stitch or whatever stitch you’re comfortable to use. Then create a knot to secure the end stitch.
Tip: Make sure you don’t sew the top part — this is where you’ll insert your card.
Step 7. Insert The Identification Card
Write your information details on the identification card then insert it right through the opening.
Step 8. Make A Slit
Using your cutter or knife, make a slit on top of your luggage tag to insert the ribbon or leather strip.
Step 9. Make The Tag Holder
Fold your leather strip or ribbon at the center. Then insert it right through the slit. Grab the end tail of your ribbon and insert them through the hole. Tighten it and tie a knot at the end tail to secure it.
How do you like your newest travel bag accessory? We know there are lots of tags lined up in a store but we always love the DIY route.
- Premium material: Made by polyurethane leather, soft and durable.
- Reinforced and extended genuine leather strap: The buckle is made of 304 stainless steel and extremely durable. The length of the strap has been extended to make it easier to attach the tags to big items.
- Two side printing information card: A smart card for writing personal information of luggage owner. You can put two different addresses on front side and the back side.
- Privacy flap to protect your personal information: You can open the flap slightly to look into and make sure this is your stuff, while most of the time your privacy remains safe and sound from other travelers.
- Strong and sturdy design: This luggage tag has undergone dozens of long distance trip by land and by air to make sure it can survive any demanding traveling environment.
If you’re set for your vacation, this DIY project will surely give your bag the classic touch it needs. Show your luggage some love and make one now. Bon voyage!
Interested in learning more sewing projects tutorial? Click here.
Like this? You’ll also like…