If you’re looking for a simple, yet stylish, hair accessory, a head wrap is the perfect accessory for you. Check out how to make your own here!
How to Make a Simple Head Wrap
Timeless Head Wrap
If you want to add some flair to your hair, just wear this timeless head wrap. They’re so easy to style, they look great, and they can fit almost any head size. If you want a boho chic look, this is the perfect moment to give sewing this yourself a try.
Things to prepare
- A pair of tights
- Safety Pins
- Look for a pair tights.
- Cut your tights at the center.
- Place half of your tights at the back of your head and twist the two ends together. Tuck the excess underneath, then lift the head wrap off your head.
- Put the pin through the back piece.
- Cut the excess by using your scissors and pin it.
- Take your needle and thread and sew the open end of the tights to the back of the headband. Make sure you’ll only stitch from the inner side of the tights so it won’t be seen from the front of the headband.
- When done sewing, remove the pin and turn the head wrap inside out. Now you can wear it with pride!
Voila! Your head wrap is ready.
The Mom’s View was kind enough to share her video on How to Make a Head Wrap: The DIY Challenge on The Mom’s View. Check it out!
This is a great fix for a bad hair day. Learn these easy steps and make your own head piece now. You’ll be making tons for gifts in no time!
Have you tried making your own hair accessories? Let us know in the comments below!
- How To Sew A Sun Hat For A Cooler And Fresher Summer
- Here’s the Easiest Way to Cover Sewing Buttons with Fabric
- 10 DIY Roman Shades – Sewing Tutorials And Ideas
We aim to feature the hottest trends in the sewing world, so get in touch if you can contribute! WRITE FOR US!
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published 0n September 10, 2019, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.