A door draft stopper is certainly an underrated household item– but it shouldn’t be! I’ve long mastered the art of combining functionality and fashion, so you’ll surely please everyone in your home with these door draft stopper ideas
Easy-To-Sew Door Draft Stopper Ideas to Keep You Warm
My family and I have been choosing to stay in rather than go out and brave the cold. After all, we only have so many coats, sweaters, scarves and gloves! It’s not so bad, cuddling with the children around the fireplace! But it seems that the cold still finds its way in through the space between our floor and door! Like the wolf in the Three Little Pigs, the wind’s trying to huff and puff and make us blow our noses from the cold!
However, I found an adorable and functional solution – door draft stoppers! Continue on with the article and find the draft stopper that appeals most to you!
1. Simple Door Draft Stopper
If you don’t have much time to spare but would still choose a nice-looking draft stopper rather over a rolled-up carpet, this one’s for you! Hefty and secured with a handle, this draft stopper can be done in no time!
2. Crochet Door Draft Stopper
Crochet may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of a draft stopper. With their tiny holes, surely the wind will still be able to slip in, right? Wrong! This tight-knit draft stopper will surely get the job done!
- Lower your heating and cooling bills with this adorable animal themed draft stopper.
- Makes heating and cooling your home more efficient also saves you energy and money.
- Great for blocking fumes and noise! Can be used for both indoor and outdoor doors.
- The outside layer is made out of hand washable polyester fabric. Comes in a light brown color. Measures approximately 38"L x 4"W x 3.5"H.
- For years Evelots has provided unique products with a 30 day easy return policy, and 100% satisfaction guarantee.
— SewingDotCom (@Sewingdotcom) January 17, 2017
3. Mismatched Socks Door Draft Stopper
Colorful and adorable mismatched socks shall find their new life and home as part of this snake draft stopper! Now you have use for your old socks, instead of chucking them in the nearest bin!
4. Red And White Door Draft Stopper
If classic yet festive is your approach to design, then this red and white draft stopper would be the perfect addition to your home! Not to mention that you could still use it in 11 months when the holidays come around!
5. Upcycled Towel Door Draft Stopper
Upycling’s still in this 2017! Pull out those old towels and put them to use as patterned draft stoppers. From being used at the beach to containing a breach, your towel will find its new calling!
6. Blue Striped Door Draft Stopper
One of the simplest ones on this list, this blue and white draft stopper exudes an old-world charm that I never tire of looking at. It’s relaxing to look at – precisely what you’d want when you’re all warm and resting.
- POWERFUL FUNCTION - Sound proof for your door; Adjust to different door gap, 100% sealing; Strong door draft guard against bugs, odor, noise and wind; Cover air and light; Absorb dripping water and sweep the dust under the door threshold.
- UNIQUE DESIGN - Innovatively use Velcro, the door snake covers your door gap perfectly; Convenient to open and close the door, avoid repeatedly placing the strip after opening the door; Sewn in rope loops for easy hanging when not in use.
- PREMIUM MATERIAL- The cover of this door bottom seal strip is made of heavy duty pleuche material and Veltro loop cloth, soft to touch, no scatching to the surface; Stuffed with pure polyester wadding, practical function stronger than normal; durable door dodger, small bucks for long use.
- ENVIRONMENTAL AND SAFE - Easily removed and washable design, the door draft stopper is can be recycled to use; Quick clean with washing machine, avoid any damage to your hand; Cloth material without edge, avoid hurting your lovely puppies.
- EASY INSTALLATION - Total tool free, just apply included velco to your door, then stick the door draft stopper.
7. Lace Trim Door Draft Stopper
From old world to a touch of vintage, this lace trim draft stopper mixes sleek modern design with lace and polka-dots. Perfect for those caught between the old and the new!
8. Branch Door Draft Stopper
Realistic as it seems, this draft stopper will not be responsible for any stubbed toes! Craving for sunlight and spring? Here’s a subtle reminder of what’s to come in a few months.
9. Faux Wood Door Draft Stopper
The faux draft stopper reminds me of warm outdoors and sounds of nature. A favorite of my husband who just craves to be outside, this would also be a perfect gift for any friend or relative of yours who loves the forest!
10. Mickey Mouse Door Draft Stopper
11. Door Draft Stopper With Applique
Appliques are perfect for personalizing items! Make your draft stopper quirky and unique by choosing your own appliques!
- Block out cold, heat, noise and bad odors
- Fits any door
- Use on interior and exterior doors
- Keeps heat in and cold out
- Collor : Random (Brown or Black). Machine washable. Measures 33".
12. Fabric Dog Door Draft Stopper
As you know, I’m a big fan of dogs, as we have one at home! These adorable and fluffy dog draft stoppers are almost impossible for me to let go of! They’re just so cuddly!
13. Snowman Door Draft Stopper
An icon of cold now becomes an icon for keeping heat in! Good thing this snowman is not made from snow or else it would’ve melted already!
14. Dual Door Draft Stopper
Not quite convinced with covering just one side? Well, look no further than this dual door draft stopper! Now you can rest safe and sound because no heat is escaping!
- The insulating device for doors with extra large gaps! Cold air stays out...Heat stays in.
- Includes one Twin Draft Guard Extreme door draft stopper in brown color. Fits doors up to 36".
- Save energy and money! Door draft snake makes heating and cooling your home more efficient.
- Patented hook & loop adjustable closure for a secure custom fit.
- An original product from Hampton Direct, Inc., the official maker of Twin Draft Guard.
15. Row of Houses Door Draft Stopper
I never thought I’d see the day that I would think; “A row of houses would look so cute at the bottom of my door.” But lo and behold! This draft stopper is simply creative and adorable!
16. Upcycled Denim Door Draft Stopper
Don’t throw out those old jeans just yet! Give them a second chance to warm you up by upcycling them into good-looking draft stoppers!
17. Crochet Dog Door Draft Stopper
Last but definitely not the least, this crochet dog door draft stopper! A bit more time-consuming, but definitely worth every second! Just look at that sweet face and fuzzy tail!
Looking for more tips on how to make a door draft stopper? Check out this video from DoltOnaDime!
Now that you have a wide array of choices for your first (or third!) door draft stopper, you also have one more way to keep your electricity bill down! You can even give them as useful gifts to your loved ones – I’m sure they’ll definitely appreciate it!
Which one caught your attention? Which one are you itching to start on? Tell me in the comments below!
Ready to brave out the cold? Arm yourself with the proper attire, check out these Winter Fashion Trends | 13 Upcycling Ideas For Your Clothes & Fabric Scraps!