There are so many beautiful and unique sewing projects that will help you transform your room. Besides, if you love crafts and sewing ideas, your bedroom should receive the best of your creativity. Our bedroom is our slumber zone and after a long day, we’d want to rest in a room that’s comfortable and relaxing. Here’s a roundup of 9 easy sewing projects that will create a relaxing retreat and entice your stay longer.
9 Lovely Sewing Projects To Transform Your Bedroom
- Select from multiple styles in a variety of color schemes
- Printed in high definition on Textured Canvas material for brilliant color detail and translucency
- Shade can affix to any table or desk lamp with a Spider style fitting
- Lamp shade measures 10.00 " in diameter by 10.5" high
- Kit includes drum shade. Light bulb not included. For best results LED or CFL bulbs are highly recommended
1. Floral Inspired Lampshade
Do you have an old table lamp that you want to revamp? You can transform it with this fabulous idea! You can give your lamp a high-end look with fashionable fabrics of your choice. Go for plain fabric for a more classic look or try floral to get a lovely and stylish look!
- About 18(L)*18(W) Inch. 45CM*45CM
- Please note: pillow insert is not included, pillowcase is single-sided printing design.
- This cushion cover has an invisible zipper, Cushion cover ONLY (NO Insert)
- Suitable for home,office,car or as christmas decoration
- Shipped from China; we can dispatch it within 1-2 days. Normally it takes 7-15 working days arriving at you, excluding holidays, weekends & weather delays.
2. Printed DIY Cushion Cover
Creating new cushion covers make your pillows look brand new and give a quick transformation to your bedroom. Choose fabrics that are washable and skin-friendly.
Tip: A nice pop of colors will be amazing for an instant new look. Go for vibrant hues like orange and yellow!
- Suit for 1.5 inch/38 mm diameter tubes
- Suitable for all places of building curtain automatic control. Such as hotel, apartment, office building, exhibition hall, modern family home curtain control
- Package included 1 x Electric shutter motor 1x remote controller 1x iron holder 1x Installation instructions.
- If you want to buy one without remote control, please search ASIN B01L8FW95E
3. DIY Window Roller Blinds
This roller blinds sewing project is perfect if you want to block sunlight from coming through your window. We love this simple yet lovely window cover because it gives the window glass a chic look. You can use different materials to tie your blind.
Tip: Use a ribbon as a tie if you want to change it easily anytime you want.
4. Easy Peasy Curtains
Jazz up your windows and wall and sew pretty curtains in different designs! Just like roller blinds, curtains serve as cover from direct sunlight. You can transform your room easily by changing your curtains. So with your chosen fabric, thread, sewing machine, and creativity, you can make this easy sewing project in no time.
5. DIY Pompom Rug
[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BpzsJY6gqMf/ hidecaption=true width=625]
Add a kick of colors to your room and sew this fluffy pompom rug. Buying rugs from stores can be quite expensive, so why not make one for yourself? See the tutorial here.
- Equipped with 8 storages pockets: 4 deep pockets, 1 small cellphone pouch, 2 mesh pockets and 1 side pocket to hold homewares stuffs perfectly. 100% brand new and high quality. Functional Pocket Organizer.
- Dimension: 19.7'' L x 11.8'' H. Large capacity for multi-purpose use: Fits under the seat, baby bedside, students dormitory bedside, hanging on the baby stroller or just for installing on the car back seat.
- Ideal for organizing magzine books, pamphlet, remote TV controller, pens, snacks, glasses, cellphone, charger, keys, drinks, water bottles, baby diapers, milk bottle, doll toys, earphone, etc. Providing more convenience for your daily gadgets, easy access to reach, keep in tidy and anti-lost design.
- With 3 adjustable flexfit closures for great hanging on bed, desk, table, car seat, stroller side. More secure guarantee! Exquisite workmanship and fine stitching, long lasting performance. Hand washable.
- Package includes: 1* multifunctional bedside storage organizer. Dispatch within 2 business days.100% Money Back Guarantee!
6. Bedside Stuff Organizer
[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BmYj7GjByKb/ hidecaption=true width=625]
Whether you love organizing or not, this bedside organizer is a smart idea for your bedroom. Make one now and organize your books, gadgets, remote control, and keep them within reach! Your little ones will also love this.
7. DIY Fabric Storage Basket
Need a handy basket for your kids’ stuff? Fabric storage baskets are perfect for storage because they’re durable and can be washed easily. It can hold a lot of stuffed toys and other small items inside your bedroom. We love the chevron design of this pastel blue fabric basket!
- SOFT, STRETCHY AND SQUISHY: This is the softest, squishiest and most comfortable bean bag chair in existence. Dimensions 58in x 36in x 16in
- REMOVABLE AND WASHABLE COVER: Bean Bag Cover can be removed and washed when needed.
- MICRO-BEAD FILLING: Big Squishy bean bags are filled with special micro-bean filling which perfectly conforms to your body and eliminates pressure points.
- PORTABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT: Easy for even young children to move around the house and move from room to room.
- AND DESIGN: The medium Big Squishy has a 2 year and can be used as a chair, recliner, couch or even an impromptu children's bed.
8. DIY Bean Bag Pouf
Beanbag poufs are multi-functional. They can work as your feet-resting place after a tiring day at work. If you’ve got amazing pets, you can make one for them, too! Plus, your kids will love to snuggle and play in their poufs because they’re fun, soft, and cozy.
9. Giant Pillow Cover With Pocket
[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BYJAXnLAW2G/ hidecaption=true width=625]
Got big, snuggly pillows? Style them up with this easy sewing project. We love the big pocket that’s perfect for your favorite books and gadgets.
Check out this stylish DIY Bedskirt video tutorial from Hobby Lobby:
We all love a nice and cozy bedroom to wake up to. Have you picked your next sewing project? With these ideas, you can transform your room without breaking the bank. All you need is a little creativity and sewing skills.
Do you find these bedroom sewing projects worth giving a try? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
Up Next: DIY Projects for Teens Bedroom
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on July 18, 2016, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.