The yarn bowl craft is the answer to knitting’s persistent tangling problem. It is so frustrating trying to untangle your yarn especially if you are already in the middle of a project. Remember how annoyed you get when your ball of yarn roll away from you and manages to collect lint and hair? You may think you are doing just fine now but wait until you experience using a yarn bowl craft. This will totally change your perspective. You just might thank me later!
This unique tool has many uses for your hobby. It makes knitting more efficient. You encounter fewer challenges so you can actually enjoy doing what you love.
Clever Yarn Bowl Craft Ideas To Keep Your Knitting from Knotting
Avoiding Knotting in Your Knitting
Once you experience using a yarn bowl craft, I assure you’d want to make it a staple in your working area. One benefit of the yarn bowl is that it keeps the yarn ball from rolling away from you. It keeps the yarn clean. You do not need to worry about it getting dirty or picking up random hair or lint.
- Hand made and hand painted in the heart of Europe in the town of Boleslawiec in Poland
- Lead and cadmium free. Safe to use in: microwave, dishwasher, oven up to 480 F, freezer
- Hand crafted from natural white clay by highly skilled artisans, highly collectable
- Fired twice, extra durable, crack and chip resistant, intended for everyday use, easy to clean
- Long lasting, colors will never fade. Dimensions: 6" wide, 6" long, 3" high. Capacity: 2oz
1. Plastic Container
2. Knitted Yarn Bowl from Plastic Store Bag
3. Bamboo Bowl
— SewingDotCom (@Sewingdotcom) September 6, 2016
4. Polymer Clay Yarn Bowl
- YARN BOSS YARN BAG - Keep your projects organized and create anything with the travel-friendly Yarn Boss Yarn Bag. Our stylish, canvas yarn bag is designed to keep your yarn tangle-free and easy to access whether knitting at home, social gatherings, or traveling. Smart storage and snag-free grommets make this the perfect no-fuss and comfortable-to-carry crochet or knitting bag.
- EASY ORGANIZATION Stay snag-free with six oversized grommets that smoothly feed yarn as you work without tangling or twisting. Easily fits up to six yarn skeins standing on end without the unneeded gaps that often prevent smooth transitions as you work. Each grommet has a wide, .75” hole and is symmetrically placed on the top of the tote. Great for multiple color projects, the Yarn Boss Yarn Bag allows you to enjoy knitting, crocheting, or weaving without frustrating knots or messes.
- PLENTY OF STORAGE - The Yarn Boss Yarn Bag makes it easy to access all your knitting supplies with three large pockets (one is zippered) and four pencil pockets for hooks or needles. Velcro-free, our bag helps keep multiple projects organized without worrying about yarn breakage or fabric picking. Each bag comes with a removable divider for enhanced organization.
- CREATE ANYWHERE - Reliable and stylish, this crochet storage bag is made to last without weighing you down. Holds up to 6 standard skeins, 10-15 yarn balls, or 3, one-pound skeins PLUS all the hooks, and accessories you need. Durable canvas and double zipper top keeps yarn clean and dry. At 10.5” x 10”, the Yarn Boss makes it easy to take your projects with you, and folds flat for easy storage. Adjustable, detachable shoulder strap included.
- WHO WE ARE - Yarn Boss is a brand ran by a dad (that's me), the brother of the dad (who's also a dad), and our beautiful wives. We pride ourselves on quality products AND customer satisfaction. Our mission is simple: make the highest quality yarn storage products possible and provide world class service to our customers.
5. Binder Clip
Another really cheap alternative is using a binder clip. You can just clip it on the rim of a heavy bowl and ta-da…You now have your own yarn bowl!
6. Jar Yarn Dispenser
7. Flowerpot String Dispenser
- "Simple method of keeping your yarn clean, organized, and untangled.
- Stylish design for holding yarn ends and knitting needles.
- The perfect present for any knitting or crochet enthusiast!
- Can be carried in your yarn bag or yarn tote , take your work you anywhere.
- Large bowl for increased yarn storage."
Here is another unique yarn bowl inspiration from Martha Stewart. Turn a regular flower pot upside down, exposing its drainage hole. Use the hole to guide the string and you will have no more problems with wayward balls.
8. Colander Yarn Dispenser
Who said kitchen tools were only for cooking? Use your imagination and be resourceful. For example, a colander can be used beyond draining food items. You can also store your yarn here and even use it as a dispenser. Just let the end of the yarn slip through the hole.
9. Teapot Yarn Dispenser
I think this is the prettiest idea by far. Do not let your pretty teapot gather dust. Re-purpose your pretty teapots into a yarn dispenser.
10. Kleenex Yarn Dispenser
Another cheap way to make a yarn dispenser is using Kleenex boxes and punching a hole through them. Good-bye tangles!
Check out how Leona Wall upcycled her coffee can as a yarn bowl craft in this video:
Aren’t these yarn organizers a life saver? Having a yarn bowl craft can really save you from the trouble of tangled yarn, plus it keeps your yarn clean. But wait, below are some tips if you are going to buy or create a yarn bowl craft or dispenser:
- It should be heavy at the bottom so it doesn’t tip over.
- It should have a guide for the yarn like a slit or a hole.
- The material should not snag on the yarn.
So that’s it! Now take your pick! Which of these yarn bowl crafts is your favorite? Mine is definitely the teapot because of its whimsical charm! Don’t you think? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Need more knitting projects to work on over the weekend? Check out how to knit the purl stitch here.