Floor pillows can be made of the prettiest fabric and soft stuffing that makes everything extra cozy. Make your own floor pillows with these wonderful and easy DIY sewing ideas!
8 Fluffy Floor Pillows You Can Make and Cuddle With
Would you believe you can make floor pillows in your sewing room? Well, you can! We’ve rounded up some floor pillows that you can easily make in the comfort of your own sewing area. Take your home interior aesthetic to the next level with these eight fluffy and cuddly ideas you’ll surely love!
1. Colorful Jumbo Floor Pillows
Remember childhood and how you would build fortresses with pillows and blankets? Well, you might relive that precious childhood memory after you make these colorful jumbo floor pillows! Bring out your printed fabrics and follow this step-by-step guide from Brit.co.
2. Inexpensive Floor Cushion
One of the great things about making your own floor pillows is that you can tweak the design to make them more minimalist or more detailed. This sewing idea from Apartment Therapy suggests a floor pillow that looks like a giant pin cushion! Sounds like a perfect home accessory for a sewer, right?
3. Round Floor Cushions With Handle
Easily take this floor pillow anywhere in your house conveniently! Recreate this sewing idea with this tutorial from Living With Punks which will give you a step-by-step guide to make this fluffy cloud.
- SAVE THE THROW PILLOW! Spare your couch cushions and throw pillows when you give kids this leaf as their very own floor pillow. Now they won't have to drag your nice cushions and pillows to the floor!
- EXPERTLY STUFFED - Every leaf floor pillow is stuffed with the perfect amount of fluff to maintain its shape and for wonderfully comfy floor sitting. Perfect for anyone to use while reading, relaxing, playing games or watching movies.
- PERFECT FOR ANY ROOM - From bedrooms and playrooms to the living room, the leaf pillow will be a stand-out piece in any room with its realistic design, super soft valboa fabric and gorgeous color.
- EASY TO CLEAN - The hypo-allergenic, polyester material is machine washable and easy to spot clean so you can keep this floor pillow looking new for years.
- HIGHEST QUALITY - Every leaf floor pillow is top-of-the-line quality with double stitched seams and lined fabric, making this floor pillow an incredible value.
4. Pom Pom Floor Pillows
Make your floor pillows extra festive by adding fun embellishments, like pom poms. This genius idea from A Beautiful Mess is a really attractive sewing project that you will definitely reap the benefits of making.
5. Rainbow Hexie Floor Pillow
This colorful floor pillow looks like an exciting challenge! The geometric pattern of rainbow colors will definitely give your room extra brightness. And bonus, this idea from Sew Fantastic does not use stuffing, but regular pillows! If you have a surplus of pillows, this project is the perfect place to use them.
- Transform any bedroom or playroom into a make-believe garden getaway with this small 16" diameter flower pillow
- This whimsical decor is great cushioning for beds, sofas, reading nooks, watching TV, floors, and is more comfortable than rugs or mats
- Decorate any room, couch, or bed in a variety of colors with 3 sizes ranging from 16" - 35" in diameter
- Ultra soft microfiber is plush and luxurious to the touch, but sturdy and retains its shape
- Spot clean light dirt with a damp cloth or machine wash for deeper cleaning on a cold, gentle cycle and air dry
6. Box Floor Pillows
If you’re thinking about where to store your floor pillows, this sewing idea might be perfect for you. These box floor pillows can be stacked on top of each other, which is very convenient for clean-ups! Learn more by reading this tutorial from School of Decorating.
7. Quilted Floor Pillows
If you know how to quilt, or even the basics of it, you might want to try this sewing project. Doble Ufa’s quilted pillows definitely look like they’re worth picking up this sewing technique.
- Folding lounger that can be adjusted to be used as a reclining sofa or bed
- Durable and cozy faux suede with thick sponge cushion and a pillow for added comfort
- Removable padded cover for easy washing and features built-in zipper to avoid scratching the floor
- Strong iron pipe frame gives the chair solid support
8. Hawaiian Style Felt Pillows
Say aloha to these cute and cuddly floor pillows! The tropical design will bring an instant boost of brightness anywhere you place this pillow. Plus, when you cuddle into it, the texture of the wool felt will make the experience even better. Try making one by following this tutorial from Purl SoHo.
For a more detailed tutorial, watch this video from TheSorryGirls:
Who would have thought floor pillows were so easy and fun to make? This list of floor pillow ideas is really inspiring! With a bit of a stuffing and some fabric, you can make a cozy floor pillow that will last forever. Add a cup of hot chocolate and a crocheting project, and this setup will instantly lift your spirits!
Have you ever tried sewing floor pillows from scratch? Let us know in the comments below!