When you know how to make a fleece scarf, you can easily keep yourself chic and cozy all winter. Since it is an indispensable item for surviving a chilly day, it’s important to add this to your skills!
RELATED: 17 Knitted Scarves For Cold Weather
How to Fleece Scarf Tutorial: The Easy Way
Making your own fleece scarf is exciting and fun. You get to choose colors, patterns, and prints. You can even experiment with color combinations too!
Like knitting and crocheting, learning how to make a fleece scarf is a great pastime. You’ll even benefit from it when winter comes around. So here’s a double-sided fleece scarf tutorial just for you!
What You’ll Need:
- rotary cutter mat
- rotary cutter
- 1 yard of fleece
- black thread
- ballpoint pins
Steps on How to Make a Fleece Scarf:
- The first thing to do is to cut off the selvage part of the fleece. Many dressmakers and tailors consider the selvage unusable.
- Place the two pieces on top of each other with the right sides facing one another. If you don’t have a cutting table, you can use any sturdy table.
- Now, it is time to cut your scarf. Cut a 13 by 60-inch piece out of the fleece. This is the ideal measurement for a scarf.
- Pin along both sides to prepare the fabric for sewing.
- You can now start sewing the fabric together using a zigzag stitch. Start 4 inches in and stop 4 inches before the end.
- Cut the fringes with the ruler and rotary cutter. The strips should measure 1 inch wide by 4 inches long. Fringing is not just a final aesthetic touch in your scarf, it is also a good way to secure the fabric.
- You’re almost done with your double-sided fleece scarf. The next thing to do is to turn the scarf right side out.
- Start making the knots. Take the two sides of fringe and then loop it over in through the hoop. Once you have a knot, push it upwards to tighten it further.
Once all the knots are tied, you now have your double-sided fleece scarf!
Tips on How to Make a Fleece Scarf:
- If this is your first attempt at sewing, it is always best to pin the fabric down to ensure that you fasten it firmly.
- The right way to use the pin is to face the point toward the center of the cloth. The head should extend over the edge of the fabric.
- When sewing the fabric, make sure to remove the pin before the needle reaches it.
Watch the full video tutorial on how to make a fleece scarf here on OnlineFabricStore.net’s channel:
I don’t know about you, but I’m excited to recycle all of my unused fleece blankets into scarves. They’re so simple to make, I can’t help but fabricate one for each member of the family!
Do you have other techniques to make a fleece scarf? Please share them in the comments below!
- Sewing Tutorial for a Cozy Fringed Flannel Scarf
- 15 Easy Infinity Scarf Crochet Ideas For The Cold Season
- How To Get The Exact & Perfect Female Body Measurement
We aim to feature the hottest trends in the sewing world, so get in touch if you can contribute! WRITE FOR US!
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published 0n February 19, 2018, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.